Monday, June 26, 2006

Wanted, Dead or Alive? (Or, just drag 'em off to the Hague?)

#1 on my personal list is this goon:
As I post this, it's 1,750 days on the Osama Clock.

My biggest gripe against George W. Bush, is that this killer has not been #1 on his hit list, and never has been:
Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

.... as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

... we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore.

.... part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

.... See, that's the thing the American people have got to understand, that we've only been at this six months. This is going to be a long struggle. I keep saying that; I don't know whether you all believe me or not....

This thread will be a recurrently updated feature on my site. I will entertain additional candidates for my personal collection, suggested by readers in comments.

By popular request:

If you don't know who he is, Google him. Or ask a Canadian.

Omar al-Beshir

Under the Sudan's President's leadership millions have been killed and millions have been displaced, hungry, diseased, and exposed to harsh elements both natural and human, insidious and violent.

And tens of thousands have been murdered by President Omar's Janjaweed thugs on camels.

Numerically and statistically, President Omar has caused more destruction and fatalities that Saddam's crimes pale in comparison.

Chicken Bones: A Journal


An update: As I am an opponent of capital punishment, it's untenable for me to continue indefinitely in the "wanted dead or alive" motif. So, with the possible exception of numero uno above, this fatwa is hereby limited to "grab 'em by the balls and drag 'em off to the Hague."

4 Moderated Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Saeed Mortazavi, for openers?

6/27/2006 06:00:00 PM  
Blogger Vigilante said...

Your nominee is accepted, S.P.

6/27/2006 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger Vigilante said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/29/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Vigilante said...

Malfrat, your suggestion of Omar-the-Terrible is acceptable company for this list of international criminals.

6/29/2006 09:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home