The Numbers Game.
The Good News: The American people smell the coffee on Bush's un-provoked, unnecessary, largely unilateral invasion and unplanned occupation of Iraq (UULUIUOI), and they don't cotton to its bitter taste.
According to the latest CNN Poll:
- 39% think Bush is doing a good job as president.
- 42% will vote for the Republican candidate in November.
- 53% said that they planned to vote Democrat in November.
- 57% said the Iraq War has made the US less safe from terrorism.
- 58% said that the Bush administration misled the public on how the war is going.
- 59% said they disapprove of the job Bush is doing as president.
- 61% said that they oppose the Iraq War.
- 66% said that they disapprove of the way that Bush is handling the Iraq War.
BTW, speaking of numbers and as a matter of historical perspective, who can tell me how many times Bush used the word "IRAQ" in his second inaugural speech on 20-Jan-05?