Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hug a Republican!

Friday is Respect-a-GOPer-Day!

Looking for a few good Republicans to take to cyber lunch on Friday, I stumbled on to a startling discovery. Ever hear of the R.F.O.'s? Well, they were news to me! I'm sure if I give you a clue or two, you'll guess what they are. If I say I'm sure you've heard of DINO's and RINO's, I'm sure you're going to be able to guess what RFO's are!

RFO = Republicans for Obama!

Yes! a national organization with chapters in 28 States! They have a well-thought out mission statement. And they even have a network of forums any one can join if they want to GOP-blog Obama! They have obviously been listening to Barack's actual message, without the filtering of the corporate news media, because of what they say about him. For example, RFO's took note of what Senator Obama said in Pennsylvania recently about foreign policy:
The truth is that my foreign policy is actually a return to the traditional bipartisan realistic policy of George Bush’s father, of John F. Kennedy, of, in some ways, Ronald Reagan, and it is George Bush that’s been naive and it’s people like John McCain and, unfortunately, some Democrats that have facilitated him acting in these naive ways that have caused us so much damage in our reputation around the world.
What an exciting discovery! These RFO's! While you're chatting up your favorite Republican at lunch, why not do some recruiting!

That's not all! You know what? I made another startling discovery: with the same effort of Googling, I could not find any organized group for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

7 Moderated Comments:

Blogger Utah Savage said...

I like your search for these rare, lovely finds. Keep up the good work.

And thanks for prying the Wizard from off his pompous ass. It's good for him to get out now and then. I'm working on another Plig piece. it's not what I wanted to write about, but it seems to be something that needs to be discussed. The Wiz seems to think fundamentalist thugs should be protected everywhere--even if we have laws against their thuggishness. He needs an intervention.

Always glad to see you've come visiting me.

4/18/2008 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I have a few Republican friends, with one of them being a gorgeous woman. I think I will hug her and tell her Vigil sent me:-)

4/18/2008 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger Utah Savage said...

On second thought, i'll post what I'd planned to post, since it's relevant in an odd sort of way, then work on the Plig piece later.

Besides that, I think I scared the Wizened off. Damn. I was just getting wound up.

4/18/2008 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ghost Dansing said...

thanks for the tip Vigilante.... i started a new blog on blogger. it is fun and easy to use.

4/18/2008 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Bob Keller said...

Sorry...... You can't scare me off!!! I read 22 blogs every week and comment on almost all of them..... As I wrote very recently, you learn much more by reading than writing.

The Vigil and Utah Savage and Swiftspeech are all on my current must read list. So is Juan Cole, Huffington and Kos.....

Two things about the Wizard.... you can't make me mad (it's not possible) and I chart my own path. I don't march with the crowd.

Bravo for the Republican's for Obama.... I love people who chart their own path and don't follow the crowd.

Always chose the man and not the party.

4/18/2008 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

Well said wizard!

4/19/2008 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Coleen Rowley said...

It's very obvious that we are all on a very same wavelength here in our "outreach" efforts and on the issue of "Where have all the (true) conservatives gone?" (title of an op-ed I wrote in 2005 which echoes Vigilante's points about the pendulum swing way, way over. I've started to scold my husband that we should not even be calling them conservatives as it's too good a term. These right-wing warhawks; corrupt corporatists and authoritarian inclined "God on my side" religious fundamentalists are no longer good conservatives.

The group who's hijacked the country is definitely not "libertarian" either. I spoke last week to a group of Minnesota Libertarians who are mostly anti-war, and pro-Constitution and are very critical of the Bush Regime.

The term "outreach" is great! That's actually what we called it in the FBI: the "Community Outreach Program" so that's a good term to remember for future use. We are so appreciative of all your comments and help with spreading the word.

4/19/2008 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home