Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

First and foremost, I'm blessed and give thanks for these past four decades with my smart, tough, and beautiful Trophy Wife. I'm also thankful for my four sons, each is blessed with good health, wonderful families and rewarding careers far more meaningful than mine. I am also blessed with unreasonably good health and wealth for a man of my age and profligate ways. Also, pertaining to the central focus of this site, I am thankful that this, our worst nightmare of the 21st century, is almost over - not that its effects won't endure long after these last eight years. If it hadn't been for my GR8 blogging brothers and sisters, who have had my back on the Net, I wouldn't have made it this far. I don't need to mention names, because you all know who you are.





































































































14 Moderated Comments:

Blogger Vigilante said...

There has been great tragedy in the world today. I pray you are all safe.

11/26/2008 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes -- not so wonderful a time to be celebrating but that said, wishing you a good Thanksgiving Day.

I'm still glued to CNN watching the Mumbai massacre! This is just incomprehensible. Terrorists are targetting US and UK nationals in India?

In India? Just unbelievable.

11/26/2008 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Terribly gallant of you, Vig!

Thanks too for The Vigil...

11/26/2008 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Blogging4Food said...

I'm thankful that I still have a 201 K left over from my 401 K.

11/26/2008 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Among other things, I'm thankful for your blog. It's very educational for me. Happy Thanksgiving!

11/26/2008 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger Commander Zaius said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Vigil and everyone else. I just pray we can start some path in 2009 to a more stable and fair world for us all.

11/27/2008 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Bob Keller said...

Happy Thanksgiving to this truly extraordinary group of readers and writers.

11/27/2008 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Utah Savage said...

I'm a little late getting over here. You are probably in a coma by now, but Happy Thanksgiving. First year in a long time I felt this thankful.

11/27/2008 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Stella by Starlight said...

LOL, usually I'm the late one Utah. Oh look, I am again...

Vig, your blog was one of the first upon which I stumbled when I first started blogging: lucky for me! You've been an inspiration to me. It's late, but not too late to say I hope you, Trophy Wife, and Ballou (did he enjoy the scraps?) had a Happy Thanksgiving. I so appreciate your kindness.

I, too, feel like we're all family, and I've met only one of you in person. Sounds silly, maybe, but I'm thankful for blogging otherwise I never would have learned so much from so many wonderful people.

All my best to all of you and your families.

11/27/2008 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I vowed not to blog today as I have been glued to the TV watching the horror in Mumbai, but I went to Wal
Mart to buy a loaf of bread and ended up buying a new laptop for an unbelievably low price. So while setting it up I decided to do a little test blogging. I am glad I did. I hope you have a great weekend my friend.

11/28/2008 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger Stella by Starlight said...

LOL B4F. You've still got that much left? You're doing better than most. Seriously, I feel your pain, but your comment cheered me up.

11/29/2008 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger Commander Zaius said...

I'm sick of turkey now, going to Burger King in a few minutes to buy a freaking Whopper.

11/29/2008 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger Vigilante said...

LOL, Beach. Yeah we went out for Mexican tonight. I still maintain what I like best about Thanksgiving is, once the dishes are done you got all that leftover stuff you can munch on a few days, over the sink, if you know what I mean. LOL

11/29/2008 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Utah Savage said...

So, now it's the 7th of December, big boy, what's shakin?

12/07/2008 03:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home