This Is Red October's Day!
That's 91 dog years. Enough to win him some respect. And sympathy, too. Not that he's ever asked for it.
He's led a rich and varied life.
- Local Champion at Ultimate Frisbee
- Self-Anointed Bouncer at the Off-the Leash Bark Park
- Swims better than Labradors (they never take his sticks or kick sand in his face anymore)
- Serial rodent-killer (body count in double digits)
- Mobile alarm clock, doorbell, dishwasher and winter blanket
- Body guard for grand children
- Personal trainer
- Loyal and non-judgmental companion
- Outdoors blogger
- Teacher of life
- Indispensable presence
I worry about that because, although RedOct is slightly older
than I am, he's in much better shape. (No Coronas, M&M's or Hagendaz.)
For one thing, he can still run.
Here's to Ya, Big Guy!